Sunday, January 23, 2011

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" Chocolate Cake

 For part of the school holidays we had my niece and nephew stay with us from nsw.
Amongst the drama of the floods (our house was not affected),Mum and I trying to update various Tuckie sites with flood and road information, trying to entertain two toddlers and two teenagers... I had a birthday cake to make.

My nephew was turning 15 and what better cake to make than a yummy Chocolate cake that isn't only quick and easy to make but it's also safe for my kids! not to mention it's one of the best chocolate cake recipes I've seen and eaten.


Thanks to a friend who passed on the recipe found here at HERSHEY'S PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" Chocolate cake

To make it allergy friendly you just need to twig a few ingredient's depending what allergies your catering for.

  • Egg free: Simply use an egg re placer such as 'orgran no egg" instead of egg
  • Nut free: Use Nestle's baking Co coa
  • Dairy free: Use dairy alternative such as rice milk or 'darifree' from allergy friendly foods and use nuttlex instead of butter for the frosting.
I'm not sure how it would turn out with gluten free cake but it's worth a try, let me know if you have a go.

We all enjoyed this chocolate cake to the max, the texture of a gorgeous mud cake and the taste to match.
Share the love and get baking! :)

Here is a pic of my nephew and his cake,
it's not the most attractive attempt but it tasted like heaven.

1 comments:

KimmyB said...

YUMMO!!! I have made this gluten, dairy, nut and egg free and the gluten free people said it was one of the better GF cakes they have eaten.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Sublime Shambles of a Shell. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree