Sunday, July 17, 2011

30th Birthday Party - Perfectly Emo

My hubby turned the BIG 30 last month and we hosted a party at our house.
When  I had first asked him months ago what type of party he wanted me to organise I didn't know what to think when he replied "what about an Emo party?".....um WHAT!

After many weeks of talking me into it, helping me to understand what an emo was and what he wanted at his party the process began.

Make no mistake in thinking that my hubby is an emo because he is not.....unique yes.
Like me he likes to do thinks differently, nontraditional and sometimes the unexpected so his thought were that lots of people have dress up party's such as the nerd party, the bogan party, the superhero party...but who the heck has had an emo party. It was a theme that you could have a lot of fun with and that we did.

I have always loved the prep that goes into a child's party so it was a change to go through the creative process to plan out an adults party where there would be no kids present. I became excited and full of ideas.

So here are some pics of what we came up with...

Here is a very transformed emo Shell
putting the finishing touches to the food table.

anyone for veggies and dip :P
grave yard deserts for all!!
Chocolate moose topped with dirt (crushed oreo's) and a grave stone handmade biscuit.
-the two at the back are a chocolate brownie style allergy alternative (dairy free)
hubby serving drinks in the bar :)
the CAKE!!
chocolate of course
the birthday boy
happy emo guests :)
sad emo's :(
hubby and I
Guitar hero was played much food and drink had!
Happy Birthday to my man.
I hope it was a very memorable 30th for you oxox
....................

pppssssttt.....I am happy that I listened to my hubby in the end, no matter how crazy he sounded to begin with....the party went so well, sooooo fun to plan and everyone really got into it.
Who said a challenge isn't good for you.... so when your next planning a party  think outside the box and see what you can come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Sublime Shambles of a Shell. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree