Monday, May 31, 2010

planning to paint...what fairy fun!!!

My love of drawing, paint and exploring imagination has returned and I'm excited.

After constantly thinking over the past year "mmm I really have to get Thalia's paintings started!!!", it's actually happening..better late than never hey :P

To fill you in- For Declan's 1st Birthday I had schemed up, sketched,painted and hung a set of 3 paintings for his bedroom to the theme of knights, dragons and horses.

The top photo shows a close up of Declan's centre painting and the bottom photo of all 3 paintings together


I had planned to do the same for Thalia by her 1st birthday but it didn't happen :( along with being busy and probably a bit of laziness in there too.

I have been sketching for months now,going between themes of Princess and Fairy - at last I have my first sketch that I am happy with! horrah

I decided on a Fairy theme and this is the sketch for the centre painting of the three, it combines Thalia's love of books, fairy's, flowers and butterfly's...now for the canvas and paint!

will keep you posted.

1 comments:

sevencherubs said...

love the pictures, they look great! look forward to seeing the fairy pictures too. Naomi.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Sublime Shambles of a Shell. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree